Monday, August 22, 2016

Tools for a Successful cook

BBQ Toolbox for My Traeger
My BBQ Tool Kit

Here are a few tools I need for a stress free cooking experience on my Traeger.  I know people cook amazing food with just tongs but I need a bit more.

Leave In Thermometer



Igrill 2 by Weber
I Griil 2 by Weber

A leave in Thermometer because as they say if you are looking you are not cooking.  I currently useI Grill II  by Weber.  It works well for me and tells me the temperature of my grill as well as what I am cooking.  I do have all 4 probes.  I have used 3 probes for food and one for the Traeger. The Igrill sends the results directly to my android smartphone via Bluetooth.  They also have an App that works with the Iphone.  I was extremely impressed with Weber's customer service, they sent me a replacement probe at no cost when mine broke.


Another great feature of the Igrill is that it creates Graphs so you can see your Temperature swings

I also have a Maverick ET-732 remote BBQ Thermometer which I was not impresed with.

Some people seem to like the Tapeccue Wifi Thermometer.  There are a few other wi fi thermometers including 1 by thermoworks.

Instant read Thermometer 


Thermoworks, Thermopop, Thermapen
Thermapen and Thermopop by thermoworks

When it comes to an Instant read Thermometers  nothing beats thermaworks.  I have a Thernapen and Thermopop they both work well the Thermapen is more accurate and faster, The thermopop is slower and a lttle less accurate.  Buy the best one you can afford between these 2.  Last time I looked there were multiple versions of the Thermapen the classic and the MK4. are the same when it comes to accuracy and speed the MK4 has more features.  Buy the best one you can afford between these 3.  

It looks like the newer Thermopops are even faster.  If you already have a Thermometer and just want an upgrade if you sign up for the Thermoworks newsletter they have sales often.  Sometimes they sell open box stuff at a discount but you get the same warranty ason a brand new one.

Thermoworks has great customer service.  For most things on the Traeger I agree its a matter of personnel test, but when it comes to an instant read thermometer I say get a thermoworks you will be happy you did.
                             

Tongs


Tongs, I have multiple sets of Tongs but my go to set is my 18 inch OXO.  Sometimes you need to use 1 set for raw chicken and another for cooked food.
OXO Tongs
Oxo Tongs



My Toolbox 

My Toolbox, Yes I actually have a toolbox which holds most of my grilling tools and supplies.  It is a Stanley flat max waterproof toolbox.  I have My Tongs, Spatulas, Grilling Gloves, Thermometers, Hand sanitizer, bleach wipes and even spices in my Fat Max.  It makes it easy to have everything all in one place.

I no longer store my spices in my toolbox they cake up.

Spices etc
Toolbox


Tools of the Trade
Toolbox
Grill Tools
Grill Tools
Some of My Spices and Rubs
Some of My Spices and Rubs


Wet Dry Shop Vac

A wet Dry Shop vac is a must have tool to clean out your Firebox of excess ash.  I usually clean the Firebox when I replace the Foil on the Drip pan every 4 to 6 cooks.  Unless I do long cooks like Pork Shoulder then sometimes before and after the cook.  The brand doesn't seem to matter as long as it has enough HP to do the Job.
shop vac
wet dry shop vac



Here are more posts about Tools I use
http://traegerrecipesbymike.blogspot.com/search/label/Grilling%20Tools?m=0


No comments:

Post a Comment