Tuesday, August 16, 2016

BBQ Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon - Traeger Recipe


BBQ Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon - Traeger Recipe
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon - Traeger Recipe

Traeger Recipe 
I love a big rib eye steak as much as the next guy but every now and then a bacon wrapped filet Mignon or 2 or 3 is just what the Dr. Ordered.  I find no steak goes better with a Lobster Tail then a Filet Mignon.


BBQ Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon the Traeger Recipe


Start Traeger on smoke for 10 minutes with lid open'

Preheat lid closed to temperature of 225
Dry rub with your favorite rub or just salt and pepper
I have been using Trader Joe Garlic and Coffee rub or Montreal steak seasoning
Smoke at 225 for about 45 minutes Internal Temperature should be 135-140

Reverse Sear on both sides for about a minute or 2


Please Note:


Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything is I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  These recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.



No comments:

Post a Comment