Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tongs a Review - Grilling Tools

Tongs a Review - Grilling Tools

OXO 16 inch Spring Loaded Tongs
OXO 16 inch Spring Loaded Tongs


Tongs are the tool I use the most when I BBQ.  I rarely use a Spatula or Fork.  It  is important to get good quality tongs that you are comfortable with.  I really enjoy My Oxo Good Grips 18 inch tongs.
They have a silicon grip so they do not get too hot,  They are Spring loaded so they are easy to use even with my mild arthritis in my hands.  I did recently acquire the below Bobby Flay Tongs on sale for about $6 originally 14.99.  They seem well made with wood grips and are about 16 inches long.  Sometimes you need 2 pair to avoid cross contamination of foods.  I like my 2 pair to look very different and while My U shapped tongs work the spring loaded ones seem to be much better for me.



Bobby Flay BBQ Locking Tongs
Bobby Flay BBQ Locking Tongs
U shape Tongs Guy Fieri ones in the Middle
U shape Tongs Guy Fieri ones in the Middle




Above are some u shaped Tongs the ones in the Middle are Guy Fieri, I purchased these in a pinch at Walgreens.  They don't lock but they do have a clasp that holds them closed, of the 3 U shaped Tongs I own I like the Guy Fieri best.  They are much closer together then the other 2 pairs and don't require as much strength to hold closed.  They also seem to align better.  I don't personally see a reason to buy non spring loaded tongs ever again.  The other 2 pair were parts of sets and as the below review of grill tools states it is almost always better to buy each tool separately  then to purchase a set.



No comments:

Post a Comment