Thursday, August 25, 2016

Smoked Bone In Turkey Breast and Chuck Roast - Combination - Traeger Recipe



Turkey breast and Pot roast
Bone In Turkey Breast and Chuck Roast cooking low and Slow

Smoked Bone In Turkey Breast and Chuck Roast - Combination


When I cook on my Traeger especially if I am going to do a long cook, I like to use as much real estate as possible.  I often cook multiplies of the same item and eat leftover all week or freeze for leftovers.  Sometimes you just hit upon combinations that just work well together.  In this cook I smoked a Bone in Turkey Breast and Chuck roast at the same time. They both came out really well.

Bone in Turkey Breast Traeger Recipe

Brine over night
Smoke at 225 until an Internal Temperature of 165

Chuck Roast Traeger Recipe

place in pan in Braising liquid
recipe below or use your favorite
cook to  Internal Temperature of 130-135 Medium
135-140 medium
140-150 Medium

Basic Brine Recipe

1cup water, 
1tbs salt (kosher salt preferred , 
1tbs sugar

Marinade Recipe

recipe below or use your favorite
1/2 cup orange jucie
3 TBS Soy sauce 
3 TBS Brown Sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce


Please Note:


Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything is I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  These recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment