Monday, August 22, 2016

A-Maze-N Products 12 inch Tube Smoker - Helpful Traeger Modifications

A-Maze-N Products 12 inch Tube Smoker
A-Maze-N Products 12 inch Smoke Tube
I

I have the A-Maze-N Products 12 inch Smoke Tube. I sometimes use it to add extra smoke during a cook.  It worked real well when I made, ribs, Pulled pork, corn beef, Pork Loin and Pineapple.  I have never used it for cold smoking but some people have.  The first few times I used the Tube smoker it was hit or miss if would stay lit.  I have found by placing the opening towards the front of the grill once it was smoking I could push the pellets in with a metal poker and keep it burning (smoking).

I received the A-Maze-N Products 12 inch Tube Smoker as a present.  It seems to be the most popular one used on the Traeger Facebook user group pages.  Other people have talked about a Char Broil Tube smoker at target for 1/2 the price.

I use an inexpensive heat gun that I purchased at harbor freight to light my tube smoker.  I found this YouTube video very helpful when learning to light my smoker, 


How to Light your Tube Smoker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment