Saturday, August 27, 2016

Grilled Iowa Pork Chops aka Iowa Chops - Traeger Recipe

Grilled Iowa Chops - Traeger Recipe


Iowa Chops on the Traeger
Iowa Chops on the Traeger
My wife is from Iowa and whenever she visits home she brings back a batch of Iowa chops.  I used to like pork chops and I still do but these Iowa chops have me spoiled.  They cut them thick with the bone in of course,  I can never seem to get enough of them.  Often I cook the chops with pineapple and Sweet Potato on the Traeger.

Iowa Chops Traeger Recipe

follow normal Traeger startup procedure
then heat Traeger Lid closed to 375
Dry Rub with your favorite pork rub
lately I have been using Trader Joe's Garlic and Coffee Rub
sometimes we marinade in Italian dressing 
I cook my Iowa pork chops to an Internal Temperature of 145
I then rest tenting with foil for about 5 to 10 minutes (this is the hardest part you will want to dig in right away)
Trader Joe's Coffee Rub
Trader Joe's Coffee Rub

For My BBQ Smoked Pineapple Ideas click Here

My Sweet Potato recipe can be found by clicking here then scroll to bottom


please note:

Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything is I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  These recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment