Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pizza - Baking on The Traeger Recipe

Pizza and Dogs on the Traeger
Pizza and Dogs on the Traeger
As the saying goes if you can cook it in an oven you can cook it on the Traeger.  The Traeger is a convection oven.  I have done Pizza on the Traeger more then once.  It always comes out good.  I cook it based on the package recipe directions.  I do turn it 1/4 turn every 5 minutes to account for Temp swings.  As you can see I am cooking my pizza on the Junior Rack with hotdogs below.  There are also many Traeger Pizza Recipes online using naan bread, boboli, and english muffins etc.  You can of course make your own dough.


please note:

Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything is I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  These recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment