Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Lobster and Bacon Wrapped Filets - Combinations that Work

Lobster and Bacon Wrapped Filets on the Traeger

Steak and Lobster on the Traeger aka Surf and Turf
Bacon Wrapped Filets and Lobster Tail


Traeger Recipe

Some combinations just work well on the Traeger.  When I think of combinations I think of surf and Turf (Steak and Lobster)  My favorite steak hppens to be Bacon Wrapped Fillets.  I have cooked Lobster Tails and Bacon Wrapped Filets 2 different times on the Traeger. The thing that was nice about this combination they went on the Traeger  and came off the Traeger  at virtually the same time. I go through the normal start up procedure Lid up on smoke for 10 Minutes, then close lid and pre Heat to a temperature of 225.  I then place the Lobster and Filet on the Grill and cook for about 45 Minutes.  I cook to temperature and not time.  I pull the Lobsters and bacon wrapped filets at an internal temperature of 135 to 140.

It Looks Like I had room for Pineapple as well, Ill keep that in mind for next time.

The Actual Recipes:

BBQ Lobster 

Cut shell with Scissor
Pull the meat out above the shell but leave attached at tail
Brushed with melted butter
Smoke at 225 for abt 45 minutes Internal Temp should be 135-140

My Lobster Recipe was adapted from this one

BBQ Bacon Wrapped Filets

Rubbed with Trader Joe's Coffee rub
you can use your own favorite Dry Rub
Smoke at 225 for abott 45 minutes to an Internal Temperature of 135-140


please note:


Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything is I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  These recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment