Tuesday, August 16, 2016

BBQ Lobster - Traeger Recipe

BBQ Lobster - Traeger Recipe


Smoked Lobster
Smoked Lobster

Traeger Recipe

BBQ Smoked Lobster Tail.  Every once in a while my local supermarket will have small Lobster tails on sale for $5.  I then go to my Local butcher and purchase some steak, usually bacon wrapped Fillets.  I then add  2 of the following Sweet Potato, pineapple and corn on the cobb for a perfect meal.  I think the key to smoking this lobster is cooking to an internal temperature and not time.  I have cooked lobster st higher Temperatures like 350 to 400 degrees but I like this the best,

BBQ Smoked  Lobster Tail the Recipe

Split the shell with a scissor
Pull the lobster meat out but leave attached to tale.
Brush with melted butter or Garlic Butter or herb butter or ...
Place Traeger on smoke for 10 minutes with lid open
Close Lid Pre Heat to 225
Smoke at 225 for about 45 minutes Internal 
cook to temperature not time Temperature should be 135-140.  

Please Note:


Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything is I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  These recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for "BBQ Lobster - Traeger Recipe" recipes , And I found this,I will try this.
    Thanks.
    smoked lobster tail

    ReplyDelete