Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Kansas City Steak Company T-Bone

The Kansas City Steak Company T-Bones


I recently purchased some T-Bones from The Kansas City Steak Company.   I received 4 20 once T-Bones.  I only cooked 1 to start.  Keep reading to see all the details of the cook and learn why my 2nd cook was much better


Ingredients

1 22 OZ T bone Steak
Salt, Pepper or your favorite rub

Grill Setup

Start Traeger on smoke for 10 minutes with lid open'
Preheat lid closed to temperature 350 to 400

The Cook

They recommend leaving in the vacuum seal  packaging.  The directions say thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours prior to cooking.  I seasoned with my normal dry rub so I could see how the taste measured up to my local butchers T-Bone.  I cooked them about 5 or 6 minutes per side until an Internal temperature of 140 at 350. I did use Grill Grates and was able to obtain nice sear marks.


The Taste

The steak did taste good,  It was a little grizzles in parts.  The steaks at my local butcher tastes much better and for a significantly lower cost.  I do have some more T-Bones Left and plan on cooking them a little differently next time.  I will use the porterhouse recipe on Traeger web site which includes smoking for 30 to 45 minutes and then doing a reverse sear.  

Customer Service

They do seem to have really great customer service.  When I cancelled my auto ship they asked me why and i stated I could get a better quality and better tasting steak from my local butcher for less so they sent me 2 more T-Bones.  I sure do hope they taste better.  Here is the Post on my 2nd T bone Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment