Saturday, November 12, 2016

USDA Prime Ribeye

Beef Ribeye Eye of Rib Boneless USDA Prime

Beef Ribeye Eye of Rib Boneless USDA Prime
Beef Ribeye Eye of Rib Boneless USDA Prime


About 75 to 85% of the time when the wife and I go out to eat we go for breakfast, it works best for our schedules. I was in Costco Today and I saw some Beef Rib-eye Eye of Rib Boneless USDA Prime beef.  I don't very often buy Prime beef but I may start to buy it more often its cheaper then dinner for 2 and way better on the Traeger.

Ingredients

About 2 lbs of Boneless Rib-eye (USDA Prime Optional)
Salt and pepper or your favorite rub


Grill Setup

Start Traeger on smoke for 10 minutes with lid open'
Preheat lid closed to temperature 350

Reverse Sear Method
Reverse Sear Method


The Cook

I use the reverse sear method for this cook
Removed the Rib-Eyes from Fridge about 1 hour prior to cooking
Seasoned  well top and bottom  with salt and Pepper (or your favorite rub) 
Set at  room temperature for 45 minutes or so.
Place the Rib Eyes  on the grill  
When the Internal temperature reaches 130 remove from grill and rest tented in foil
Turn up the grill to Max Temperature and sear 2 minutes then flip and sear for 2 more minutes
I use GrillGrates to get a better Sear
Rib Eye and Sweet Potatoes
Rib Eye and Sweet Potatoes

The Taste Test


The meat was tender and Juicy.  It tasted amazing. My wife made her signature sweet potatoes to go with the Ribeyes,

Please Note:


Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything  I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  This recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Tried this and it turned out great. I used "Good Shit" rub.

    ReplyDelete