Monday, October 17, 2016

Kansas City Steaks T-Bones 2nd Review

Kansas City Steaks T-Bones 2nd Review



In My previous review of the Kansas City Steaks T-Bones.  I basically said I wasn't  impressed and though I could get a better steak at my local butcher for less money.  While I probably will buy T-Bones at my local butcher my second cook with the KC Steaks went well.

2nd Cook KC Steaks




This time I cooked the steaks a bit differently and the results were much better.  I followed the Traeger website  recipe for a porterhouse.  A T-Bone is Like a porterhouse but with a smaller Filet. I seasoned with only salt and pepper. I used the smoke setting (which on my Traeger seemed to lock in at 160 using a P Setting of 1).  I smoked until an Internal temperature of 110.  I took them off the T and tented in foil.  I then turned my Traeger to Max Temperature and when it got above 425 I cooked to an Internal Temperature of 140 degrees.  I then flipped the steak to sear the other side for less then a minute.

These tasted much better then the first cook where I didn't smoke first.  I am still not convinced they are worth the extra money.  I may need to do a side by side comparison between these steaks and my local butcher.  

I now see why people purchase these, they are very convenient and do taste good when cooked properly.  They are also a great gift for that person who is hard to shop for,






No comments:

Post a Comment