Tuesday, October 25, 2016

KC Steak Seasoned Strip Loin Roast

KC Steak Seasoned Strip Loin Roast



I recently purchased Seasoned Strip Loin Roast from the Kansas City Steak Company.  It was an excellent cut of meat for the sale price which at the Time was 29.99 for a 3.5lb to 4 lb roast.  I also had a coupon for $25 off a $75 order with free shipping.  This Roast normally sells for 54.95 to 64.95.  The cheaper price is as an add-on.  I don't think I would purchase it for full price.  I have a great butcher nearby who could cut me a roast for less the there full price,  I did order 2 more at 24.95 on another sale and again I had a $25 off 75 free shipping coupon.  That makes it a great deal in my opinion.

The method I used to cook it on my traeger was adapted from Malcom Reeds BBQ done right web page.

Ingredients

3.5 to 4 lb Strip Loin Roast
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Grill Setup

Start Traeger on smoke for 10 minutes with lid open'
Preheat lid closed to temperature 180

The Cook

Removed the roast from fridge about 1 hour prior to cooking
Rub in some olive oil
Season  well top, bottom and side with salt and pepper.   
Set at  room temperature for 45 minutes or so.
Place the Roast  on the grill for about 1 hour at 180 degrees.
Turn up the grill to 225 and cooked to an internal temperature of 130 for medium rare.  

The Wrap and Rest

Once desired temperature was reached remove the roast from the grill and wrap  with foil and allow it to rest for 30 minutes to an hour. Slice against the grain and enjoy.


The Taste Test


The Roast was tender and moist and tasted amazing.  This truly is a poor mans prime rib.  My wife who rarely eats beef had 2 or 3 slices and asked me if I was going to order more soon. 


Please Note:


Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything is I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  These recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.

1 comment:

  1. How long did it take to cook? Just so I know when to start it.

    ReplyDelete