Friday, October 28, 2016

Top Sirloin Steaks 5 oz



Today I cooked up my first 8 pack of my 5 oz Top Sirloin steak from the KC Steak Company,  Keep reading for the cook method and verdict.

Ingredients

8 5 oz Top Sirloin Steaks
Salt
Pepper

Grill Setup

Start Traeger on smoke for 10 minutes with lid open'
Preheat lid closed to temperature 180

The Cook

Removed the Steaks from fridge about 1 hour prior to cooking
Season  well top and bottom  with salt and pepper.   
Set at  room temperature for 45 minutes or so.
Place the steaks  on the grill for about 30 minutes  at 180 degrees.
Turn up the grill to 350 and cook to an internal temperature of 140 for medium 


The Taste Test

The taste was inconsistent, parts of it were tough and chewy and other parts were tender and tasty,   My wife who has forgotten more about cooking the I'll ever know stated next time we should marinate them in Italian dressing and they will taste good.   

Please Note:


Any recipe I make is just a guideline.  I am not a big fan of gooey sauces so almost everything is I cook would be a dry rub.  You of course should experiment and see what works best for you.  I don't often recommend a rub because it is a matter of personnel taste.  These recipe would also work well on most other pellet grills or charcoal and gas grill using indirect heat for the low temperature recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment